9 Untitled DC Films Dated, Batman v Superman Moves Forward
Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice has been moved up on the release date schedule from May 2016 to March 25, 2016. The move is part of Warner Bros’ road map for its DC franchises with dates just announced for nine untitled DC pics as well as two “untitled WB event film” slots that take the DC Comics series of movies into 2020.
Somewhere in there will by the already announced Justice League tentpole, the superhero mash-up that will be WB’s answer to Marvel’s Avengers juggernaut. The release strategy for the DC titles calls for two pics in 2016 and 2017, bumping up to three in 2018, two more in 2019 and three in 2020.
Batman V Superman‘s second release date move also avoids a showdown with Disney/Marvel’s Captain America 3, which had staked out the same May 6, 2016 date.
Among the DC subjects likely part of this rollout include Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Both are set for Justice League alongside Ben Affleck’s Batman and Henry Cavill’s Superman. Gal Gadot plays Wonder Woman and Jason Momoa is on the docket to play Aquaman. Zack Snyder is set to direct and Warner Bros’ hope is to reteam him with his Batman V. Superman scribe Chris Terrio.
- Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice – 03/25/16
- Untitled DC Film – 08/05/16
- Untitled DC Film – 06/23/17
- Untitled DC Film – 11/17/17
- Untitled DC Film – 03/23/18
- Untitled Warner Animated Film – 05/25/18
- Untitled DC Film – 07/27/18
- Untitled WB Event Film – 11/16/18
- Untitled DC Film – 04/05/19
- Untitled Warner Animated Film – 05/24/19
- Untitled DC Film – 06/14/19
- Untitled DC Film – 04/03/20
- Untitled DC Film – 06/19/20
- Untitled WB Event Film – 11/20/20